Fair trade spirulina
Raw and hand made fair-trade spirulina, with a mild taste and savory crunch !
- Weight :
- 100 g
- Packaging :
- Origine :
- Burkina Faso
The fairtrade spirulina brindille has a nice mild taste with a slight crunch. This high quality spirulina can be sprinkled on any dish and is a great condiment to keep on your table. To receive the full iron benefits, it is best to partner with vitamin C (citrus, dark leafy greens, peppers...).
Spirulina is a blue-green microalgae : living food that contains over 60% of proteins, rich in iron, vitam B and beta-carotene (a powerful antioxidant). Its benefits bring you daily vitality through nourishment, detoxification and remineralization. It brings a great boost to your immune system.
1 teaspoon (3g)/day minimum
The brindilles can be enjoyed on its own or sprinkled amongst your daily meals (pasta, rice and beans, soup, veggies, fish, salad, granola and yogurt).
It can be used as a supplement for a 1 to 3 months program or as food for year round consumption.
Keeps fresh for 2 years
Artisan spirulina grown in a farm amongst a Bénédictines sisters monastery in Burkina Faso. It is a contemplative Community founded by the Bénédictines from the Abbay Notre-Dame de Protection of Valognes, in Normandy, in 1963. Spirulina has been cultivated there since 2010 and is helping the sisters become self-sufficient. They give 20% of their production to local people in need.
- Spirulina also contains trace elements (magnesium, potassium, chromium). Its phycocianin (blue pigment) contributes to strengthen ones immune system.
- Alkalizing, helping balance your acidic levels.
- Contains gamma-linolenic acid which is also found in breast milk.
- It is highly recommended for pregnant women, lactating mothers and bottle feeding babies.
- It helps athletes with muscle recovery and provide complete proteins.
> Learn more about spirulina's benefits here